Letter - Correction - of - Register
To the Parish Priests, Chaplains and Assistants
Dear Rev. Father,
In recent years there have been several requests for corrections in the various registers of our Parishes. It is found that at times the petitioners do not bring the required documents.
It is therefore reminded that the following documents are to be submitted to this Curia with respect to any request for changes in our Church registers:
1. A written request of the concerned Parish Priest or his delegate, addressed to the Vicar General on the official stamp paper of the Archdiocese (folha timbrada);
2. The petition of the interested party (or, in case of a minor, of his/her guardian), addressed to the Parish Priest;
3. A certificate (in original) issued from the respective Church Register, duly signed and dated. This certificate should not be older than one month;
4. A civil certificate of Birth, in case of Baptism Registers;
5. A civil certificate of Marriage, in case of Marriage Registers;
6. A civil certificate of Death, in case of Death and Burial Registers;
7. In case of change in the names of grandparents, a marriage certificate of the Parents.
Let it also be noted that:
it takes a minimum of seven days to process the petition before the Order of the Diocesan Authority is issued;
The aforementioned Order, with its protocol number and date, is to be entered in the margin and not in the body of the respective register.
Archbishop’s House, Panjim, Goa, 2nd February, 2009.
(Fr. Nelson Sequeira)